BA (Hons) Dip Arch Grad Dip Cons AABC
Simon attended the University of Portsmouth (RIBA Parts 1 and 2), University of Nottingham (RIBA Part 3), University of Birmingham (Postgraduate Diploma in Historic Environment Conservation with nomination for IHBC Gus Astley Award. He is included in the Register of Architects Accredited in Building Conservation (AABC). Simon joined Rodney Melville and Partners as a Senior Accredited Conservation Architect in 2019.
Simon has a wide range of architectural and conservation experience, spanning different building typologies, constructions and sectors. Specialist areas of work include a high emphasis on:
- Interpretation, social value and ‘Conservation in Action’
- Conservation works in occupied and commercially operational sites, with high public exposure.
- Conservation works in public buildings.
- Contemporary new interventions in historic buildings and settings.
- Adaptation of historic and traditional buildings for their sustainable continued use, including development of late 19th century residential buildings.
Simon is an affiliate member of the IHBC, and is the South Yorkshire County Representative.